Reuben Thomas wrote:
> On 7 February 2012 11:34, Ryan Mitchley wrote:
> >
> > I think the limited capabilities would be a great visceral demonstration of
> > the efficiencies learned during the FONC research.
> >
> > I was thinking in terms of replacing the GNU software, using it as a cheap
> > hardware target... some FONC-based system should blow the GNU stack out of
> > the water when resources are restricted.
>
> Now that's an exciting idea.

People complain about *only* having 256MB (128MB in the A model) but
that is way more than is needed for SqueakNOS and, I imagine, Frank.
Certainly the boot time for SqueakNOS would be a second or less on this
hardware, which should impress a few people when compared to the various
Linux on the same board.

Fortunately, some information needed to port an OS to the Raspberry Pi
was released yesterday:

> http://dmkenr5gtnd8f.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/BCM2835-ARM-Peripherals.pdf

The GPU stuff is still secret but I don't think the current version of
Frank would make use of it anyway.

-- Jecel