Here's something else by David Fisher that I found online:

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA240565

*Title :   *Languages Beyond Ada and Lisp

*Descriptive Note : *Final technical rept. 22 Sep 1988-30 Jun 1991

*Corporate Author : *INCREMENTAL SYSTEMS CORP PITTSBURGH PA

*Personal Author(s) : *Fisher, David A. ; Mundie, David A.

*Pagination or Media Count : *505

*Abstract : *This report summarizes the goals, concepts, research
development, and conclusions of the Languages Beyond Ada and Lisp effort.
The effort was born from the frustrations with progress in software
engineering and with language design in particular. The goal of the effort,
informally called Prism, was to devise ways to extend programming languages
to encompass more of the total environment, and to remove the myriad
barriers to cooperation among the pieces of software environments. The
Prism effort has generated a wide variety of new ideas and approaches to
solving traditional problems along the whole spectrum of formal systems.
The new methods and approaches taken together have come to be called
informalism. Informalism involves automated reasoning systems that are
capable of dealing with even exploiting incompleteness and inconsistency.
Informalism offers a potential for interdisciplinary computational
interoperability previously unattainable.
It's quite long, and I've only started flipping through it, but there might
be something interesting there.

--
Duncan.