There is one other problem with modern computers: anti-aliasing
is an injurious blur that can never be focused.

If people are not going to go the extra mile and have non-grid displays,
no one should ever read on a screen.  I know that people
do it, I do it because I have to because it became accepted 10 years ago,
but really we all know it is terrible and it hurts our eyes.  Please, I know
that eInk is improving, but I don't care.

The more I read Alan's stuff, I think that maybe to other people he comes off
as a crank or extremist, but to me I totally agree.  Like this:

"Binstock: Well, look at Wikipedia — it's a tremendous collaboration.

Kay: It is, but go to the article on Logo, can you write and execute Logo
programs? Are there examples? No. The Wikipedia people didn't even imagine
that, in spite of the fact that they're on a computer. That's why I never use
PowerPoint. PowerPoint is just simulated acetate overhead slides, and to me,
that is a kind of a moral crime. That's why I always do, not just dynamic
stuff when I give a talk, but I do stuff that I'm interacting with
on-the-fly. Because that is what the computer is for. People who don't do
that either don't understand that or don't respect it."

Straight on.  Everything he says is like that, it is just that people can't
understand.  Why does no one else at PARC champion the things he
says?  I don't understand that.

Everything he says is straight on right like this.  Are you all just buried
in computer data?