+1

From: fonc-boun...@vpri.org [mailto:fonc-boun...@vpri.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Homer
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 3:09 PM
To: fonc@vpri.org
Subject: Re: [fonc] Linus Chews Up Kernel Maintainer For Introducing
Userspace Bug - Slashdot

Most programs are models of our irrational world. Reflections of rather
informal systems that are inherently ambiguous and contradictory, just like
our species. Nothing short of 'intelligence' could validate that those types
of rules match their intended usage in the real world. If we don't build our
internal systems models with this in mind, then they'd be too fragile to
solve real problems for us. Like it or not, intelligence is a necessary
ingredient, and we don't yet have any alternatives but ourselves to fill it.

Paul.

  _____