I left out the Lisp influences. I didn't know Lisp when the original thoughts
were happening, but a few years later, Lisp turned out to be a huge positive
factor in working out both how things could be done, and also provided ideas
and contexts for this kind of thinking. For example, the first Smalltalk was
really an exercise in "apply"

Cheers,

Alan