Keith Packard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> Can you provide me with some code to produce a list of pairs of
>> (XLFD, filename) out of an Xft config file?

KP> Hmm.  I can give you everything except average width; for that field, I'd
KP> have to rasterize the appropriate subset of the font and compute it.
KP> Certainly for the scalable names, it's easy enough.

Good, it's only that that I need.  Following Pablo's idea, I'm
thinking of introducing a new kind of FPE that you point at an Xft
config file and that pushes the fonts to the existing scalable
backends.

Can I distinguish -m- from -c-?

KP> You can play with the existing XftListFonts interface if you want to see
KP> how it might work.

Hmm...  I'm not sure we want to link Xft server-side.

KP> Figuring out the list of supported encodings will require a small amount of
KP> additional work;

First draft does Latin-1.  Then we'll see.

                                        Juliusz