Hi,

  On Oct. 14, the After X-TT Project released libfreetype-xtt2
beta1 patch for enhancements of libfreetype.a.  This patch provides
almost perfect TTCap options and various bug fixes in libfreetype.a
font backend.

  Applying beta1 patch, the "fn","ai","ds","fs","vl","cr","bw","eb",
"hi","fc" and "fm" options can be used.  Our patch also contains
various fixes for bugs and wrong design in original code.

  Using "fc" and "fm" option, the X loads the large charset
as fast as X-TT version 1.4.  But "vl" option is not complete.
Although we use FT_Outline_Get_CBox() when "vl=y", it is not so
fast...

  Download -> http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp/

  This beta1 patch works stable on my environment.  Please
try and report to us.

  Thanks.