Antonio> Hi, I am trying to set font path with the command

Antonio>       xset fp+ /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/

Antonio> as root user but I have the following error:

Make sure you have a valid fonts.dir file in that directory.  An error
of that sort usually means the fonts.dir file is missing or corrupt.

If fonts.dir is OK, a corrupt fonts.alias *might* also trigger an
error from the server.  The dir does not require a fonts.alias file,
but if it does exist I suspect it needs to be valid.

Since it is a dir of type1 fonts, you can run:

   mkfontscale && mkfontdir

in that dir (as root) to create a fonts.dir if necessary.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>