Hi.
Perhaps someone can comment on one of the following three questions.

1.)
===
Batik's SVGGaphics2D produces SVG files for me.
Now I want to convert the SVG to PDF in my program (or rather position the
SVG on the page)
using FOP's Driver.

The FOP used was downloaded at 2001-06-18 07:49 UTC.

It works fine with Batik 1.0 downloaded on 2001-05-26
and with the batik.jar shipping with the recent FOP.
(Thanks to the FOP team.)
Batik 1.0beta2 downloaded at 2001-06-18 07:53 UTC causes this:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.fop.svg.PDFGraphics2D.writeClip(PDFGraphics2D.java:466)
        at org.apache.fop.svg.PDFGraphics2D.draw(PDFGraphics2D.java:414)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.StrokeShapePainter.paint(StrokeShapePainter.java:81)
        at org.apache.batik.gvt.ShapeNode.primitivePaint(ShapeNode.java:128)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(AbstractGraphicsNode.java:39
8)
        at org.apache.batik.gvt.ShapeNode.paint(ShapeNode.java:115)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(CompositeGraphicsN
ode.java:129)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(AbstractGraphicsNode.java:39
8)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(CompositeGraphicsN
ode.java:129)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(AbstractGraphicsNode.java:39
8)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(CompositeGraphicsN
ode.java:129)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.CanvasGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(CanvasGraphicsNode.ja
va:61)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(AbstractGraphicsNode.java:39
8)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.CompositeGraphicsNode.primitivePaint(CompositeGraphicsN
ode.java:129)
        at
org.apache.batik.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(AbstractGraphicsNode.java:39
8)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderSVGDocument(PDFRenderer.java:387
)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderSVGArea(PDFRenderer.java:338)
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGArea.render(SVGArea.java:57)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderForeignObjectArea(PDFRenderer.ja
va:322)
        at
org.apache.fop.layout.inline.ForeignObjectArea.render(ForeignObjectArea.java
:49)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.PrintRenderer.renderLineArea(PrintRenderer.java:449)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.LineArea.render(LineArea.java:127)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.PrintRenderer.renderBlockArea(PrintRenderer.java:321)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.BlockArea.render(BlockArea.java:81)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.PrintRenderer.renderAreaContainer(PrintRenderer.java:1
87)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.ColumnArea.render(ColumnArea.java:31)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.PrintRenderer.renderSpanArea(PrintRenderer.java:255)
        at org.apache.fop.layout.SpanArea.render(SpanArea.java:51)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.PrintRenderer.renderBodyAreaContainer(PrintRenderer.ja
va:240)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderPage(PDFRenderer.java:638)
        at
org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.render(PDFRenderer.java:130)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:487)

What is happening here?

2.)
===
Following the proposed command line (with an added -d option)
  java org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main -m application/pdf document.svg
I get a fine PDF with FOP's own batik.jar,
but with Batik 1.0 I get
org/apache/batik/apps/rasterizer/Main
and with Batik 1.0beta2
  No transcoder found for mime type : application/pdf

What's so special about FOP's batik.jar?

3.)
===
Can org.apache.fop.svg.PDFDocumentGraphics2D be used in a way similar to
org.apache.batik.svggen.SVGGraphics2D?
(I hope someone has got the urge to provide me with an example before I
start to play with it.)

Jens Thieler

geom.fo