First of all can you put "-d" in the command line. THis will show an error
dump of what is hapenning.

The message that you are getting is printed out if the ConfigurationReader
throws a FOPException, ie. any sort of error. So it may be that there is
some other problem such as invalid xml, there is an IOException, your
parser doesn't support namespace pref, your parser wasn't found etc.

In other words, lots of things could be wrong.