On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, David Ryan wrote:

[SNIP]
> The PDF was rendered with no warnings or errors.  However when I tried
> viewing it in Adobe Acrobe 3.01, I got an error.
>
> "A font contains a bad CMap Encoding"

Unfortunately you have to use Acrobat 4 when embedding truetype fonts.
Font embedding was significantly improved in Acrobat 4. To embed truetype
fonts in Acrobat 3 you have to embed them as Type42 fonts (which fop does
not support).

If you're stuck with Acrobat 3, you can try to create the document without
embedding the font (remove embed-file from userconfig.xml), but then you
must have to font installed on your system to view the pdf.

Barcodes have been discussed earlier here, and I think there was some good
svg solutions around. Better search the archive.

Tore

> Has anyone succeeded with getting a 3of9 barcode font
working? >