Title: PDFImages & CMYK JPEGS

Hi all,

        I am currently adapting the PDFRenderer / PDFGraphics2D to deal with (only) CMYK. I have it all working EXCEPT for CMYK jpeg images.

        (I can get RGB images into my doc, but my Graphics folks will not accept this...).
        I can load my CMYK image into a BufferedImage using com.sun.image.codec.jpeg.JPEGImageDecoder (the sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder does not recognized the CMYK). When I get to the part where I need to create the PDFImage from this, I am stuck.

        The RGB version appears to takes the int (8bits/pixel) pixels, and then masks them out to R, G, & B bytes, tripling the size of the image.

        Can anyone tell me what the mask for CMYK at 8bit/pixel is? Or alternatively, how would I create a PDFImage from the BufferedImage (or Raster) of the 8bit/pix CMYK image? I'd rather not expand the image beyond its natural size, but if I have to I will.

        On a side note, is it possible to include a PDF within a PDF with the PDF classes currently available in FOP?

        tia
        Brigette