I new you where going to ask how to do it.
So here it is.

I have attached a simple example of how to add an extension to fop. This
prints out the page that the extension is placed into.
To build you will need to add a "lib" dir and put the necessary libs in.
(not there for obvious reasons).
There is an example fo file in the docs dir. All you need to get it to run
is to place the counter.jar in the class path.

Simple isn't it?

You will need to do more to get the information to the database.

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:02:31 Erik Rehrmann wrote:
> Hi Keiron,
>
>       >- define you own namespace, with elements and props
>
> ok
>
>       >- put the markup at the end of the document, where it can read
> the page number
>
> ok
>
>       >- provide some sort of connection with you other code
>
> maybe I'm currently too tired to understand, but what exactly to you mean
> by this?

counter.jar