--- Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Now, the faq states that
FOP does not
support embedding fonts in PDF
> > documents.  Is this information current?  I see the barcode fonts in my
> > generated PDF document on my local development machine.  Is there planned
> > support for embedded fonts in PDF?
>
> That's not correct anymore: FOP does support embedding of TrueType and
> Adobe PostScript Type 1 fonts. See the documentation on how to do this.
>

> Alex, would you mind changing the entry in the FAQ?

http://www.owal.co.uk:8090/asf/servlet/asf/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/SetAll/project_id/18/faq_id/276/topic_id/496/question_id/800

DONE!

Your wish is my command! Notice that I clearly dated the answer saying that it
wasn't implemented at that time (Dec 2000). The question and answer now states:

How do I embed fonts into the PDF?

[OLD ANSWER: Currently, there is no support for embedding fonts into the PDF file.
(source Stephan
Albers 20 Dec 2000) ]

That's not correct anymore: FOP does support embedding of TrueType and Adobe
PostScript Type 1
fonts. See the documentation on how to do this.
See here http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html to find out how to add fonts to FOP and
how to
embedd them into the target PDF. Currently, FOP supports embedding of TrueType and
Adobe
PostScript Type 1 fonts.

Jeremias Märki, July 2001

Folks - remember that I am not a perfect FOP expert - I need a hand coming up
with FAQ questions and answers for many topics.

Also feel free to pester me about features you want to see added to the FAQ
eg seeing the whole faq on one page!!!

Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Open Source Consultancy in London
OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
DR WHO COMPETITION:
http://www.diversebooks.com/cgi-bin/caption/captions.cgi?date=200104
Get Your XML T-Shirt <t-shirt/> at http://www.inversity.co.uk/