Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. Juli 2001 15:21
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: fop -xml file.xml -xsl file.xsl -pdf file.pdf

Hi all,

Here is what I want to do. I am using the "Fop" command line application giving to it
three parameters: the xml file, the xsl file and the name of the output pdf file.

I have an xml file with the following content:

<document>
     <chapter>
          <title>.....</title>

          <paragraph color="blue" size="19pt">
               <text>..... </text>
          </paragraph>
          <paragraph color="red" size="10pt">
               <text>..... </text>
          </paragraph>
     </chapter>
     <chapter> .... </chapter>
</document>

The idea is that "color" and "size" attributes are specific to each paragraph. The
texts within different paragraphs could be coloured in different colours and could
have different sizes. I tried to build the xsl file and for a <paragraph> I used a
fo:block formatting object. The problem is that the "font_size" attribute of fo:block
formatting object has to have a fixed value, so the xsl file should look like

<xsl:template match="paragraph">
   <fo:block font-size="9pt"
             font-family="sans-serif"
             line-height="10pt"
             text-align="start"
             background-color="blue"
             start-indent="1cm">
     <xsl:value-of select="."/>
   </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

But I would like that the "font-size" and "background-color" to take the values
(somehow and I don't know how) from xml file. I tried something like this:
     <fo:block font-size=<xsl:value-of select="@size"/>
             font-family="sans-serif"
             line-height="10pt"
             text-align="start"