Hi Koen,

I know it seems strange, but the FOP behavior here is actually correct.
The
XSL CR says that the indents are with respect to the nearest
"reference-area".
A block fo isn't a reference area. So if you want the blocks to look
nested,
you have to put more
indent on the inner one.

Regards,
Karen Lease

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the fragmant below i have two nested blocks. if I process the file with
XEP the second block has a left margin of 1in relative to the margin of
the
outer block (so 2 inch in total). if I process this with FOP both blocks
have
the same margin of 1 inch
> (so they do not really seem to nest).
>
> Does anybody know how to get the XEP behaviour with FOP, to make nested
blocks behave as nested?

> Kind regards,
> Koen Handekyn
>
> --
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
>         <fo:layout-master-set>
>                 <fo:simple-page-master master-name="my-page">
>                         <fo:region-body margin-left="1in" margin-top="1in"
margin-right="1in" margin-bottom="1in"/>
>                 </fo:simple-page-master>
>         </fo:layout-master-set>
>         <fo:page-sequence master-name="my-page">
>                 <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
>                         <fo:block margin-left="1in">
>                                 This is an example of two nested blocks.
This flows in the outer block.