Just found it:

document.getDocumentElement().toString();

-----Original Message-----
From: Kilmer, Erich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 10:29 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: My FO data is in a Document ... how to get it into a String?

Hello again,

Hope this question is OK for this group. I think that it is since it is a
question on org.apache.fop.tools.xslt.XSLTransform.
The problem is that I am trying to do everything in memory. The XML and
resulting FO data are never on disk.

The call I am trying to make is:

org.apache.fop.tools.xslt.XSLTransform.transform( org.org.w3c.dom.Document
in, InputStream xsl, org.w3c.dom.Document out);

When I call XSLTransform.transform I have my XML in a org.w3c.dom.Document
(thanks Christian!) and I have the XSL in an InputStream. The call results
in the transformed data in the out Document.

Does anyone know how to get the data from the out Document to a String?
Tried a out.toString() but that doesn't work.

TIA for the help!

Erich Kilmer
Bell+Howell
(919)767-7599