On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:16:09 +0200 (CEST) Daniel Pfuhl wrote:
>  --- Jeremias Maerki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> schrieb: > Hi Daniel
> >
> > On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:34:47 +0200 (CEST) Daniel
> > Pfuhl wrote:
> > > is ist possible to specify the compression rate
> > > for images to be embedded in an pdf file??
> > >
> > > it is very important to me, because i need the
> > > images in a higher quality than fop embedds them
> > > until now - without any configuration changes.
> > >
> > > it would be great, if somebody could help me
> > > out of this.
> >
> > That won't help a lot, because FOP currently only
> > implements loss-less
> > compression (ZLib/flate). Specifying a compression
> > rate will only change
> > the speed of encoding and the size of the image in
> > the PDF, but not the
> > quality of the image. I guess you're trying to
> > embedd JPEG images, right?
> >
> Hi Jeremias,
>
> is it better for now not to embed jpegs and to use
> another format? if this is the case, wich format
> should I use for getting the best result in quality?

Hi Daniel

Maybe. I think the problem is the quality of the images you want to use.
If the images you use have a low resolution (for example, because they
get scaled up), you get lousy results on high resolution printers. That
applies to png, tiff etc., too. Don't know if that helps you, though.

Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch