From: Liliana Selea [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 12:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: running FOP on Tomcat3.2.3

     I tried to run FOP-0.20 on tomcat 3.2.3. I replaced the jaxp.jar from
Tomcat/lib with the latest version. I placed the xerces-1.2.3.jar and
xalan-2.0.0.jar at he beginning of the Tomcat CLASSPATH(because tomcat uses
SAXParser 1 and FOP users SAXParser 2). When I run the servlet, the tomcat
server shuts down.
If I have the tomcat jars file first in the classpath and then the
additional ones ( for FOP) I got an FopException: "Namespace not supported
by SAXParser"
Does anybody know what happened?
Thanks in advance for help.
Liliana Selea