If you use a relative path, the path where you start the programm from
is the base-path. So in the case of your servlet it is the path from where
you start the servlet-engine.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Montag, 17. September 2001 13:48
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: [Q] root directory for embedded font metric and ttf files ?

I am embedding FOP 0.20.1 into a servlet using the procedure described on
the embedding page, including loading a user configuration file which I
require to use non-standard fonts in my generated documents.

The documentation for embedding extra fonts is missing information as to
where FOP is looking for these fonts - the sample has an absolute path for
the embed file and a relative path for the metrics file.
For my command line tests as part of the stylesheet development, just
having everything in the local directory worked out.

Relative to what would I need to specify the path for the servlet ? Can I
use some kind of java system resource setup to search the class path ?
TIA

                    Axel