Christian,

unfortunately this hasen't allowed me to import fonts just yet. I have
tried both relative and absolute paths since - to no avail.

I have tried absolute with forward slashes (java path syntax) and
backslashes (windows path syntax - since this is a w2k platform)
and have tried relative and URL style file naming.

Which brings me to the next question: The config.xml has an entry
dumpConfiguration which defaults to false.
Can I override that to true in my userconfig.xml and where would that dump
to ? Console doesn`t show anything. Is there anything else I need to
specify ?
TIA
               Axel

            "Beer, Christian"

            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>               To:     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                         cc:

            17/09/2001 14:06             Subject:     AW: [Q] root directory for
embedded font metric and ttf
            Please respond to            files ?

            fop-dev

If you use a relative path, the path where you start the programm from
is the base-path. So in the case of your servlet it is the path from where
you start the servlet-engine.