Howdy transformers,

Thanks to those that helped me out. I tried the developerworks article
that Trevor mentioned; the article was for an older version of xalan,
but once I knew where to look I was able to bind to the java.lang.Math
class and now I have transcendentals coming out my ears :)

Anyway I got one wedge of pie to draw now, and a second one draws OK for
areas < 50%, so I'm on my way, I'll put the scripts on my web site if I
get them working satisfactorally.

Cheers
Mark