The logging used by fop has been changed to use a more common logging
library, logkit.
You just need to set the logger on the Driver, ie.
driver.setLogger(logger);

To see how to create a logger look at the getLogger method in the Driver,
and read up at jakarta.apache.org.
This information will be on the website eventually.