Hello,

As far as I can see from the name of the Xerces jar file in FOP, version
1.2.3 is used. I am having the problem where Xerces hangs when an error is
encountered in the XML file. I found out by reading the xerces-dev mailing
list archives that this problem is solved in later versions of Xerces.

Now I am trying to run FOP with Xerces 1.4.3. What I did was to remove the
Xerces jar file that comes with FOP in the lib directory and copy the Xerces
jar file for version 1.4.3. I then built FOP and tried running an example. I
got the same problem so I am wondering whether the way I did this, i.e.
tried using a later version of Xerces, was correct. Has anybody tried this
before?

Thanks,

Mike