From: West, Chris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 7:50 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Table Column-Headers

I'm dynamically generating a table that can have a variable number of rows.
In the situation where the table spans multiple pages, I would like to have
the first row contain the column labels.  I've been able to do this using a
style sheet, but it requires that the height of each row be fixed (which I
would like to avoid).  From the documentation, fo:table-caption can host a
table, which could be set up to be a one-row table that contains the column
headers.  From what I've read, this caption can be made to repeat after
crossing a page boundary.  Before trying this, I'd like to get some feed
back from those more experienced with FOP regarding this approach.  I'm
using the latest version, 20.2.

Thanks in advance,

Chris W.