Well, if the font is embedded in the PDF, it gets embedded in to
resulting PostScript file. If it's not, no embedding is done. I don't
think you can have the fonts embedded in the PostScript when they aren't
embedded in the PDF. Not sure, though.

Maybe Ghostscript can do that. I've never tried.

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:05:56 -0600 jthaemlitz wrote:

> Any luck printing embeded fonts on Linux via Acrobat PostScript?  I believe
> the font needs to be on the printer.
>
> any advice is appreciated.
>
> JohnPT
>

>                     fop-dev-return-11702-jthaemlitz=oreillyauto.com@XML.
>
>                     APACHE.ORG                                                 To:
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                                                                                cc:
>
>                     11/23/01 08:24 AM
>Subject:     Re: Font embedding in PostScript?
>                     Please respond to fop-dev
>

> Hi Ulrich
>
> No, sorry. I haven't had the time to do that, yet. I'm still doing it
> the PDF-way and then converting the PDF to PostScript using Acrobat
> Reader 4.05.
>
> On 23.11.2001 14:04:20 Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is it possible to use font embedding, when rendering to PostScript, or
> > is this only possible with PDF?
> >
> > Ulrich
> >
> > --
> > Ulrich Mayring
> > DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

> Cheers,
> Jeremias Märki
>
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> OUTLINE AG
> Postfach 3954 - Rhynauerstr. 15 - 6002 Luzern
> Fon +41 (0)41 317 2020 - Fax +41 (0)41 317 2029
> Internet http://www.outline.ch

Freundliche Grüsse
OUTLINE AG
Jeremias Märki

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch