Hi Matt,

you can set the row height with the height property. Here is what I did:

This is my page layout:

<fo:simple-page-master
   margin-right="2.5cm"
   margin-left="2.5cm"
   margin-bottom="2.5cm"
   margin-top="2.5cm"
   page-width="21cm"
   page-height="29.7cm"
   master-name="document">
  <fo:region-before extent="1cm" region-name="region-before"/>
  <fo:region-body margin-top="1cm" margin-bottom="1cm"/>
  <fo:region-after extent="1cm" region-name="region-after"/>
</fo:simple-page-master>

If element 'body' is the root of the partial tree that is put into the page
body via xsl, my xsl contains this template:

<xsl:template match="body">

<fo:table>
  <fo:table-column column-width="16cm"/>
  <fo:table-body>
  <fo:table-row height="23.7cm">
  <fo:table-cell display-align="center">
  <fo:block>
    <fo:table>
    <!-- inner table or whatever shall be centered -->
    </fo:table>
  </fo:block>
  </fo:table-cell>
  </fo:table-row>