At 07:35 AM 10/9/01 -0700, you wrote:
>I want to pass the pdf file created by fop to a java pdf viewer within
>an application.  Can anyone recommend a viewer that can be embedded in a
>java app

The acrobat viewer bean distributed by Adobe ~works~ -- but not, I think,
without doing some work yourself.   We had to drop down to a lower level of
interface from the top level "bean", use primitives to convert a PDF to an
Image and then render the image ourselves on a panel w/ our own menus,
editor kit and the like.

The relevant Adobe classes are (taken from our imports)

import  com.adobe.acrobat.PDFDocument;
import  com.adobe.acrobat.sidecar.FloatPoint ;
import  com.adobe.acrobat.sidecar.AffineTransform ;

If you want the gory details, fee free to contact me off-list
and I'll send 'em along.  Our implementation requires
Swing and Java2D.

         ' Best,
         -Ralph LaChance

         [EMAIL PROTECTED]