I mailed some similar message some weeks ago, but now I had a closer look at my
Sockets:

The task I want to do is to buidl a "RenderingServer".

1.  opening a socket and make the FOP-Renderer listen
2.  send some xsl:fo file over it
3.  get it redered by the server
4.  send it back over the socket.

The point 1 & 2 work fine. I open a clientSocket and pass it inside an InputSource to
the
Driver.

//here are come code bits

Socket clientsocket;

DataInputStream in = new DataInputStream(clientsocket.getInputStream());
OutputStream out = clientSocket.getOutputStream();

InputSource is = new InputSource(in);

Driver driver = new Driver(is, temp);
driver.setOutputStream(out);

driver.run();

The main problem is, that the Driver seems to close down THE WHOLE socket after
reading the
inputData. Somehow I want to tell him "leave my outputStream open until the redering is
finished".

Has anyone an idea, how to handle this ?

Thanks
Hinrich

Hinrich Boog, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Infopark AG
Kitzingstr. 15, D-12277 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49(0)-30-747.993.0, Fax +49(0)-30-747.993.93
http://www.infopark.de/