From: Pablo Iaria [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 3:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fop speed improvements

Hi all,
    This is the second message I post about fop performance and I didn't got
any answer; is there a way
to make it faster or "useable".
    I'm generating a pdf from a servlet and although it's very easy to use,
it's VERY slow and causes the browser to raise a timeout exception. I'm
using a Pentium III 500 + 500 Mb + jdk1.3 machine and it takes 5 minutes  to
get a 2 pages document with no graphics, just one big table with 5
columns...

Am I doing something wrong or fop is not ready for "real-life" ?

Thanks in advance,
    Pablo.-

"This email is intended for the named recipient only. The information
contained in this message may be confidential, or commercially sensitive. If
you are not the intended recipient you must not reproduce or distribute any
part of this email, disclose its contents to any other party, or take any
action in reliance on it, or in reference to it. If you have received this
email in error, would you please contact the sender immediately and
delete/destroy all copies of this message, both electronic and otherwise. It
is the recipient's duty to virus scan and otherwise test the enclosed
information before using the information or loading attatched files onto any
computer system. Oasis Asset Management Ltd does not warrant that the
information contained in this e-mail is free from viruses, defects, errors,
interception or interference. Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender, except where that sender specifically states them
to be the views of Oasis Asset Management Ltd."