Is this a bug?  Let me explain:

I have a block that should be centered on the screen.  Sometimes it
contains the '&' sign and sometimes it does not.  When it does not, the
block is centered correctly.  When it has an '&' sign, my code translates
it to the entity representation '&' and it is then fed into the
translation.  When it renders the document, the text is now off-center.  It
looks like it is centering on the text with the entity (i.e. P&ON Value
Added Services) and not the translated text(i.e. P&ON Value Added
Services).  Is this correct?

Am I doing something wrong?
XSL snippet:
<fo:block font-size="12pt" color="black" text-align="center">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="reporttitle"/>
</fo:block>

-Lou