Hi Jim,

Sounds like a text-replace is called for. A few questions:

- Do you have the opportunity to pre-process the goods via Java/sed/perl or
something like that? That would be the easiest way to do a text replace
before you even get to the XSLT processor.

- You might need to tweak the XML encoding to be able to handle the ASCII
form-feed character un-escaped. Depends on the parser you're using.

- If your environment allows it you can also invoke XSLT extension functions
to do the replacement.

- Have you thought of trying the contains(), substring-before() and
substring-after() functions recursively to try to locate and extract the
text surrounding the form-feed character? It won't be pretty but if you
*must* stay in XSLT, it's pretty much your only choice.

Just some ideas...

Ramin