[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote
> I'm beginner in FOP. I have a problem with windows-1250 encoding, please help
> me. My source XML documents looks like this:
[...]
> I use xsl-fo document to transform source document to plain text:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1250"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>                 xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
>                 version="1.0">
>
> <xsl:output encoding="windows-1250"/>

Producing anything with FOP using an XSL file is actually a two-stage
process. In the first step FOP invokes an XSLT processor which applies
the transformation rules written in the xsl:stylesheet. The result
is then piped to the FO renderer which produces the output.
The xsl:output statement controls the output of the first stage only.
If it is possible to control the encoding produced by the FOP text
renderer at all, it would have to be done using the fop.Options class
or in the userconfig.xml file. I'm afraid you have to study the FOP
documentation carefully, perhaps even the source code of the text
renderer.

You can produce text files directly with XSLT, without an intermediate
FO stage, using the output method "text". If your output is not overly
complicated, and you don't need the FO formatting for other purposes
(like rendering to PDF or PostScript) it may be easier to skip the
FO generation.

HTH
J.Pietschmann