Matthias,

    I am willing to try this. My documents do contain a lot of section headers. Can you provide me with more detail? Perhaps a syntax example of a header of the "certain level."

Ed
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 3:00 AM
Subject: RE: Memory utilization

Hi Ed,

we ran into a similar problem a couple of weeks ago. The most suitable solution that was offered then by our colleagues in the list was to portion the transformation process. FOP seems to hold its breath until it dives out of the waters of transformation at the other end of its page master sequence.
In our case, it wasn't mass data but an editorial document with lots of graphics, in reference to which I was advised to use headers (of a certain level) to start a new page master sequence.

I think, some way or the other you could find a similar solution.

Matthias

Dott. Matthias Fischer
abc.Mediaservice GmbH

Nebelhornstraße 8