I think what Scott is trying to say that it is perfectly allowable XSLT to write:
<xsl:choose>
 <xsl:when test="test = '1'">
  <!-- Stuff for condition 1 -->
 </xsl:when>
 <xsl:when test="test = '2'">
  <!-- Stuff for condition 2 -->
 </xsl:when>
 <xsl:when test="test = 3'">
  <!-- Stuff for condition 3 -->
 </xsl:when>
 <xsl:when test="test = 4'">
  <!-- Stuff for condition 4 -->
 </xsl:when>
 <xsl:otherwise>
  <!-- Stuff fo the 'else' equivalent -->
 </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

Joshua

This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure.  If you have received it by mistake please let us know by
reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose
its contents to anyone.