I don't have a solution, but I also would like to reuse or reset the
driver.  I remember seeing that reset had problems, any fixes or a way to
make it work?   I'm generating 70,000 pdf's with pretty complex fo markup
and would like to speed up the process anyway possible.  I have no memory
problems (avg pdf is less than 10 pages), I would just like to speed up the
rendering by reusing the driver.

JohnPT

                    fop-dev-return-12113-jthaemlitz=oreillyauto.com@XML.

                    APACHE.ORG                                                 To:
"'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    12/12/01 09:31 AM                                          cc:
Dvorák Zdenek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    Please respond to fop-dev
Subject:     reuse of PDFRenderer

Hi,

this is my first time contacting the mail group. If you received this mail
in error, I am sorry.

I am building a batch printing application. This application processes huge
number of documents.

I did some measurements and found out that every document beeing processed
(Driver.run()) locks about 6 kB of memory. I invastigated the problem and
did a pool of Driver objects to reuse them. This doesn't help since the
Driver object by starting the setRenderer() method instantiates a
PDFRenderer and this is the object that after beeing finished still keeps
allocated memory. If I reset()  the driver to perform another
transformation
it creates a corrupted PDF since the renderer was not reinitialized (my
opinion).
Does anyone have an idea how to make a pool of Driver, PDFRenderer objects
or how to get rid of the memory leak?

thanks Zdenek