I expect the original author split up the 1700 pages document so that it was
1700 documents each of 1 page. This is doable if you know where the page breaks are,
but not if you have to predict them yourself.

Alex

 --- Cyril Rognon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do you mean you achieved this with the FOP0.20.2RC distribution ?
>
> I am very much interested by your answer :)
>
> Cyril
>
> At 12:30 07/01/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> >I had the same problem. I was able to break the document into 1 page long
> >page-sequences and have been able to produce a 1700+ page document that
> >included images with less then 256MB or RAM.

=====
Alex McLintock        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    Open Source Consultancy in London
OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
---
SF and Computing Book News and Reviews: http://news.diversebooks.com/
Get Your XML T-Shirt <t-shirt/> at http://www.inversity.co.uk/