Hi,

If you use Xalan as XSLT processor you might use the -param switch to
do what you want.

-PARAM name value (Set a stylesheet parameter)

As far as I know you need to use <xsl:with-param> for the entire stylesheet,
just like you would when passing parameters to templates.

See also:  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/commandline.html

HTH,

Michiel