Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 12:58 PM
Subject: FOP & internet explorer

We would like definitly resolve the neverending problem about Internet explorer and pdf files.

Cocoon version 1.8.2
Tomcat version 3.2.1

In our application the XML files are created by an COCOON XMLproducer and transformed using a xslfo stylesheet.

As you know, everything works fine in Netscape while in Internet Explorer there are some problems.
It seems IE doesn't consider so much the document content type.

The producer is invoked in this way:

note that dummy.xml doesn't exist but the producer need it to start.

I think the problem could be resolved calling the producer in this way

but explorer send me a http error 404 - File not found

Is there a configuration parameter that enable me to call a producer in this way?