if the net_amount is in the root (like shown)
and yout templatematch is "/"
then just do this:

<xsl:decimal-format name="eurofrmt"
decimal-separator="," grouping-separator="."/>

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:value-of
select="format-number(<xsl:value-of select="net_amount"/>, '#.###,00',
'eurofrmt')"/>
</xsl:template>

that should work, or if it doesn't work put the value as shown in a
xsl:variable and then use that one for your formatting

regards

Jochen Maes
EDP departement
Programmeur

KBC-Securities
Havenlaan 16
1080 Brussel

Tel : 02/429.96.81
Fax : 02/429.17.48
E-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
of this message if you are not the intended recipient. KBC Securities
reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
authorised to state them to be the views of any such entity.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

                    BRAHMA

                    <brahmaiah.kurabalakota@emis        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    -intl.com>                          cc:

                                                        Subject:     How can I
dynamically pass data to be formatted??
                    28-01-02 04:57 PM

                    Please respond to fop-dev

Hi All,

        Again a question...!!
           <?xml version="1.0"?>
           <root>
           <money>
           <net_amount>50000</net_amount>
           <vatrate>16%</vatrate>
            <vat>8000</vat>
           <total_amount>58000</total_amount>
           <currency_symbol>DM</currency_symbol>
           <ratio>100</ratio>
           </money>
           </root>
So I want to format the money value..I can use the format function....

But how can I dynamically select money value from xml file and pass to the
format function of  xsl?
<xsl:decimal-format name="eurofrmt"
decimal-separator="," grouping-separator="."/>

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:value-of
select="format-number($net_amount, '#.###,00', 'eurofrmt')"/>
</xsl:template>

or

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:value-of
select="format-number($total_amount, '#.###,00', 'eurofrmt')"/>
</xsl:template>

Any suggestion is a great help for me........  :).

best regards
 brahma

Brahmaiah Kurabalakota
Software Developer
eMIS eMerging Information Systems GmbH
Am Friedrichsbrunnen
D-24782 Büdelsdorf
Tel.: +49 (4331) 447 1520
Mobile: +49 (172) 5372297
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.emis-intl.com
 (See attached file: brahmaiah.kurabalakota.vcf)