Hi,

It really depends on what type of extension you want to do.
This is an area that will change and become much easier in the future (in
theory). Examples and help will be available for the new way of doing
things.

Could you tell us what you want your extension to do so that we have more
ideas on what type of extensions people are thinking about. Then we can
work out how they should be handled if possible.

So to answer your question, there are some extensions but it really
depends on what you want to do.