I have complied an xml file with an xsl file containing svg content on my windows mechine and it works fine... but when i compile the same files on my linux mechine with the same distribution of fop (0.20.3) it crashes:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement.init(SVGElement.java:197)
        at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElement.<init>(SVGElement.java:84)

It seems to be the classpath issue involving batik.jar.  I have all of the needed .jar files located in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/.

What else do i need to try in order to solve this problem.  I also need to solve this for tomcat (FopServlet runs fine as long as there is no svg elements)

Thanks,