My only concern about using iText within FOP is the addition of yet another
.jar file.  We use FOP on the client side of a Java Web Start application in
order to do document formatting and PS printing.  I would hate like h_ll to
have to add yet another jar file to the list of jar files the application
has to install and manage.  I would hope that if iText is used in FOP it is
done is such a way that if a user is not generating PDFs the iText jar file
would not be required.

Jim Urban
Product Manager
Netsteps Inc.