Ahem.

I would personally really preffere if people did not just randomly go off
and ask other projects to change or extend licencing so OOo could
integrate that software. Such people *DEFINATELY* don't speak for OOo and
passing themselves off as such is at best misleading.

There is no general requirement that software that OOo makes use of be
licenced under LGPL - for that matter, software contribution in teh OOo
cvs are under both LGPL and SISSL, there is no "must be under LGPL" policy
- there are plenty of such examples in OOo, starting off with berkley db,
stlport and james clarck's xt. There are many others.

There are presently no concerete plans to integrate or use fop in OOo that
I am aware. Any such use will probably also be sufficently loosely coupled
as to not (IMHO) cause LGPL related problems.

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Charles Marcus wrote:

> Here is one of the responses I received after inquiring about license
> compatability from the Apache guys on the use of FOP...

        Sander

        I see a dark sail on the horizon
        Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
        Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding