I wanted to create an indented block and started with using a <fo:block>
element with padding-start/end and padding-before/after attributes. The
padding-before/after worked fine but the padding-start/end seemed to be
ignored.

After some more experimentation I found a solution by putting the block into
a table with a single cell and setting the padding-start/end attributes on
the table cell and not on the block.

I am just wondering if this is a known limitation/bug as I couldn't find
anything on thing in BugZilla or on the Fop limitations page. If this is new
or unexpected I am happy to create a BugZilla entry for it.

This happens under 0.20.3.

Manuel