I've had a couple folks ask me for the modified code so the proper character
encoding is returned on the toString().getBytes()
is US-ASCII. This is cool that other people besides me need this.

I downloaded this snapshot xml-fop_20020515162132 and I don't see any
modification to the code.
Is this change going to be incorporated or has been incorporated in a way
that I missed?

Basically I had to dig through and change every instance from
        return result.toString().getBytes();
        try {
                return result.toString().getBytes(PDFConstants.Encoding);
        } catch ( UnsupportedEncodingException e ) {
                return result.toString().getBytes();
        }

The constant in the class is just my habit and could easily be replaced by
just the string constant US-ASCII.

Is there anything else I can do to make sure that these changes get
incorporated if they are not already?

Many Thanks,
Jason West