The main reason is the line:  response.setContentLength(content.length);
Failing to set the content length, which happens if you do it as you
suggest, causes IE to get upset and fail to call Acrobat Reader to display
the streamed PDF.  I know this for a fact because I had it working as you
suggested and we had more then one client complain that they could not get
Acrobat Reader to display our dynamically created PDFs.  I went into our
code and changed it back to the way the embedding example showed and the IE
issues went away.

Jim Urban - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Park City Solutions Inc.
Clinical Connectivity Suite Product Manager
Suite 295
500 Park Blvd.
Itasca, IL  60143
Voice:  (630) 250-3045 x106
Fax:  (630) 250-3046

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any included attachments are from Park City Solutions Inc.
and are intended only for the entity to which it is addressed. The contained
information is confidential and privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If
you have received this communication in error please notify the sender of
the delivery error by e-mail or call Park City Solutions Inc. corporate
offices at (435) 654-0621