I have written a simple program to translate the XML data to PDF format
when I run this program as a standalone application it works fine; it
generates the appropriate PDF file. Please find attached Translate.java
file.

 The problem is when I call the method to convert XML to PDF from EJB
(Stateless) it does not render at all; in fact it doesn't write anything
to the ByteArrayOutputStream which is set as a outputStream for the
Driver.

- Are you using IEx as a client? Do you use a URL ending
   in .pdf to access the PDF?

Yes I am planning to do so but the problem is that the PDF itself is not
getting created.

- Have you used a command line client like wget to retrieve
   the PDF? Do you get an error? Do you get an empty
   or corrupted PDF?

Yes I do get a Report1.pdf on the disk but it is empty.

- is there anything interesting in the logs of the EJB container?

no

- Have you tried the servlet example distributed with FOP?
   Do you have prolems there alos?

Yes I tried the FOPServlet example that also doen't work

It is hard to guess your problem from such a sparse description.
Some possibilities:
- Are you using IEx as a client? Do you use a URL ending
   in .pdf to access the PDF?
- Have you used a command line client like wget to retrieve
   the PDF? Do you get an error? Do you get an empty
   or corrupted PDF?
- is there anything interesting in the logs of the EJB container?
- Have you tried the servlet example distributed with FOP?
   Do you have problem there also?

J.Pietschmann

You are supposed to trim unnecessary old quotes, in particular
if there are completely unrelated old messages therein.
Look at the archives:
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=102629436519701&w=2
Assume someone searches the archive for "white-space-collapse"
and gets a hit on your post.

J.Pietschmann