A while ago [1] Jochen Maes gave feedback about his application that
generates 14000 PDFs. He was kind enough to send me the corresponding
documents for study.

Under [2] you can find his XSL-FO document, reworked to remove any real
business information and expanded to 51 pages to be able to test the PDF
generation speed in a single pass. On my system FOP needs about 30 seconds to
generate these 51 pages.

I think this is a good example of which XSL-FO constructs are processed
efficiently by FOP - should we add it to the samples, for example under
docs/examples/performance?

-Bertrand

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=102394976324738&w=2
[2] http://codeconsult.ch/download/fop/real-life-51-page-document.zip