import java.io.*;

import org.xml.sax.*;

import org.apache.fop.apps.*;
import org.apache.fop.messaging.*;

import org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.*;
import javax.xml.transform.*;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.*;

public class Produce {
        public void generate() {

        Logger log = null;
        try {
                log = new ConsoleLogger(ConsoleLogger.LEVEL_WARN);
                MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(log);
                XSLTInputHandler input = new XSLTInputHandler(new
File("helloworld.xml"),new Fil
e("helloworld.xsl"));
                Driver driver = new Driver();
                driver.setLogger(log);
                driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_MIF);
                driver.setOutputStream(out);
                driver.render(input.getParser(), input.getInputSource());

                byte[] content = out.toByteArray();

                FileOutputStream fos = new
FileOutputStream("helloworld.pdf");

                fos.write(content);
        }catch(Exception e) {
                System.out.println("Exception is " + e);
        }
        }

        public static void main(String a[]) {
                new Produce().generate();
        }
}

for this u have give xml and xsl file for input and it produce pdf as
output.

with love
jamal